Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Never sound so sensible in my life!


If I ever get magical powers……………I would turn the ‘reality’ into ‘fantasy’. Just imagine how it would be! When all those fairy tales come true! Wizards and witches swarming around. Different spells and potions! Mesmerizing fairies and mermaids….Adventures, quests. Newborn vampires, angry werewolves, smart Elves, crude goblins and many more creatures roaming on earth! That would be fantastic. But…. When I turn ‘fantasy’ into ‘reality’, I would be having magical powers in the ‘real’ world. So, when ‘reality’ is shifted into ‘fantasy’ my powers would also shift. In other words…I will lose my magical powers in the world where fantasy has turned into reality. Why should I be so powerless in this new world? Then, shouldn’t I be not doing what I want to do if I ever get magical powers? And IF I do get magical powers….doesn’t that mean what we call ‘fantasy’ is no longer a ‘fantasy’ but a ‘reality’? If so…do I have to shift ‘fantasy’ and ‘reality’? wouldn’t it be correct to say that it would be ‘me’ and my ‘perception of the world’ that may shift? Because, I refer to things that I have not seen, as ‘fantasy’, but just because I have not seen something or someone, does not mean that they  specifically have to be existing only in a fantasy. What is a ‘fantasy’ to me could be a ‘reality’ to someone else. There could be people who have seen  these and experienced this ‘fantasy’. Then how should I define ‘fantasy’ and ‘reality’, since both these concepts are very subjective? What is my ‘reality’ and my ‘fantasy’? What is your ‘reality’ and your ‘fantasy’? Isn’t in only a difference between what we all believe? What we believe to be ‘real’ and ‘not so real?

No comments:

Post a Comment